Today has been another long, busy day.
- CNN: Trump Org. stopped illegal tax practices when Donald Trump took office, former CFO testifies – Allen Weisselberg, the former CFO of the Trump Org, is still covering Trump’s ass. Man, you can’t buy that kind of loyalty. I wonder what Trump has on him.
- NBC: Michael Flynn ordered to testify in Trump election interference probe – This is the grand jury that’s been convened to look into Trump’s election interference in Georgia in 2020.
- Reuters: Pence says he will not testify before U.S. House Jan. 6 panel – Pence says Congress has “no right” to his testimony. Which is not how I think that actually works? Anyway, why would he testify. They already tried to kill him once – why give them more reason to try again?
- NPR: Speaker Pelosi says she will step down as party leader after two decades at the top – I haven’t always liked the way Pelosi did things or agreed with her stances, but damn that woman got shit done. She was a force of nature when called upon.
- Politico (via Yahoo News): Victorious House Republicans describe plans to investigate Biden – No surprises here. It’s gonna be just like the incessant Benghazi trials, only aimed at Hunter Biden this time. Brace yourselves.
- Gizmodo: End of an Era: Facebook Takes Sexuality, Religion, Address, and Politics Off of Your Profile – Does anyone even fill out their profiles on Facebook anymore?