Here’s this week’s handful of thoughts, notes, and links that I didn’t get around to posting yet.
💭 Hey, guess what I just found out the hard way on Wednesday? Google doesn’t ship a charger with their Pixels. What kind of rancid horseshit is that? Since when do you not send somebody a charger for the thing they bought that needs charged?
💭 Commenting on this gossipy little article, “Germaphobe Howard Stern leaves ‘bunker’ to dine with pals for first time since 2020,” Helaine Olen, WaPo opinion writer, says, “At some point we’re going to need to begin a conversation about the people still too afraid to leave their homes because of Covid. I personally know of two such cases. This is not a healthy way to live.” To which I say, “Hey y’know what else isn’t a healthy way to live? Watching all y’all door-knob-licking walnuts banzai your way through a deadly fuckin’ plague with all your faceholes hanging out in the open cause you’re all too fuckin’ special to wear a goddamn mask.” 😠
🔗 Here’s a pile of links I saved up this week, mostly dealing with the incoming recession, Trump’s bullshit, and COVID.
- ABC News: National Archives still missing some Trump administration records – Trump apparently still has docs he shouldn’t have.
- NPR: The Supreme Court will begin a new term with more contentious cases on its docket – Upcoming cases will tackle affirmative action, the Voting Rights Act, the 1978 Indian Child Welfare Act, and a couple of “I don’t want to make things for gay people because I’m grossly Christian”-type cases.
- CNN: A UN agency wants the Fed to slow its interest rate hikes – We’re probably barreling directly towards a major recession, and the stuff we’re doing to fix inflation and head off recession seems to be making it worse.
- CNN: Lawyer refused Trump instruction to tell Archives all records had been returned – Well, at least one of Trump’s lawyers has managed to notice that a lot of Trump’s lawyers end up in legal trouble themselves.
- Washington Post: OPEC, allies move to slash oil production, eliciting blistering White House response – Y’know, if you’re in the market for a new car, getting an electric one probably isn’t a bad idea.
- AP News: IMF warns of higher recession risk and darker global outlook – Hold on to your butts.
- Axios: Long COVID is still disabling millions of Americans – Over a million people died of COVID-19. Up to 4 million more are disabled due to Long COVID. And we’re probably going to get hammered again this winter. If you can, get your updated booster.