One thing we learned today is that Trump is being investigated for possible obstruction of justice and violations of the Espionage Act. Fun!
Trump and his various minions are shoveling shit just as fast as they can. The current bullshit is that the FBI planted all that evidence, that Trump had declassified it all anyway, and that Obama stole 33 million classified documents. Which, in order: No they didn’t; he can’t because he’s not allowed to declassify nuclear secrets; and what? Like, that would be several tons of papers that Obama apparently sneaked out the door with, so that seems pretty goddamned unlikely.
Quick reminder to go sign up at indictment.fyi, because that’s looking more and more likely. I mean, I hate to get my hopes up, but… 🤞
- CNN: Elaine Chao, Trump’s former Transportation Secretary, met with Jan. 6 committee as other Cabinet members engage with panel
- Washington Post: FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say
- AP: CDC drops quarantine, distancing recommendations for COVID
- Nature: How does monkeypox spread? What scientists know
- STAT: Wastewater monitoring identifies polioviruses in New York City
- NPR: FBI collected multiple sets of classified documents from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home
- Reuters: U.S. House gives Biden a win with massive bill on climate change, drug prices