Hey, if you’re having a little trouble keeping up with all the investigations into Trump (because there are quite a few), NPR has a roundup of the active ones.
- NPR: The Arctic is heating up nearly four times faster than the whole planet, study finds – Oh, good. I was starting to get worried that the world wasn’t ending fast enough.
- Washington Post: Historians privately warn Biden that America’s democracy is teetering – Yes. Yes it is. Also, I love how this article describes the meeting as “a diversion” at one point. Just a little aside. A light amusement. Only the death of American democracy, nothing to worry about.
- The Hill: Beto O’Rourke snaps at heckler over Uvalde shooting: ‘It may be funny to you mother f—er’ – O’Rourke was talking about the Uvaldi shooting and someone in the crowd laughed. On one hand, this kind of bombastic behavior pissed me off when Trump did it, so I have a hard time getting completely on board with it. On the other hand, I can’t entirely disapprove of a dude who’s willing to call a motherfucker a motherfucker right in front of god and everybody, and laughing at dead kids pretty much makes you a motherfucker.
- CNN: Feds removed documents from Mar-a-Lago in June with grand jury subpoena – How many boxes of classified documents did this asshole sneak out of the White House? Jesus. Didn’t the White House staff have to stop him from trying to steal some artwork or something when he left, too? Have they counted the silverware since Trump left?
- Rolling Stone: With Feds Circling, Trump Asks Allies: Who’s ‘Wearing a Wire’? – I’ll just be over here basking in the warm glow thrown off by the idea of a terrified Trump in a panicked, paranoid frenzy.