Shortly after the fall of Roe v. Wade, a story made the rounds on the Internet about a 10 year old girl in Ohio who’d been raped, gotten pregnant, and had had to go to Indiana for the abortion because she was three days past Ohio’s six week limit when her pregnancy was discovered.
Republican talking heads, being the horrific monsters they are, immediately decried the story as fake. (Two examples, here and here.)
Well, the bastard rapist was arrested and charged yesterday.
Fucking garbage GOP.
I have a bad habit of bookmarking links on Twitter to share here, and then forgetting to share them. Here’s a big list of the stories I’ve been forgetting to share.
- Politico: The secret support system for former aides taking on Trump: The other women – “As the Jan. 6 hearings have progressed, a cadre of young, female, former Trump aides have created an informal support network to support it.”
- Just Security: Strongest Evidence of Guilt: Chart Tracking Trump’s Knowledge and Intent in Efforts to Overturn the Election – “The Chart […] presents key factual findings – concerning evidence of Trump’s knowledge and beliefs when trying to overturn the election – based primarily on the Committee’s work to date.”
- Scientific American: Where Gun Stores Open, Gun Homicides Increase – “More oversight of dealers and investment in impoverished communities are key to reducing violence, experts say.”
- The Atlantic: America Is Sliding Into The Long Pandemic Defeat – “In the face of government inaction, the country’s best chance at keeping the crisis from spiraling relies on everyone to keep caring.”
- Wired: When Covid Came for Provincetown – “In a queer vacation hot spot on Cape Cod, an ad hoc community proved that Americans can stifle large outbreaks—if they want to.”
- The Bulwark: Doug Mastriano, Christian Nationalism, and the Cult of the AR-15 – “The Republican nominee for Pennsylvania governor has ties to a gun-worshiping sect. But the real scandal is just how common many of their beliefs have become on the right.”
- HuffPo: Living With The Far-Right Insurgency In Idaho – “A radical GOP faction, in open alliance with extremists, is seizing power and targeting its opponents with cruelty. Some wonder: Is it time to leave?”