FYI: There’s another Jan. 6 Committee hearing tomorrow, July 12, starting at 1 p.m. ET. I’ve been watching on YouTube (here). Apparently tomorrow’s hearing will be covering connections between the Trump administration and fascist/Nazi/white supremacist militias like the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers.
- The Atlantic: Why The Past 10 Years Of American Life Have Been Uniquely Stupid – “It’s not just a phase.”
- CNN: Accounts of Trump angrily demanding to go to Capitol on January 6 circulated in Secret Service over past year – “Then-President Donald Trump angrily demanded to go to the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, and berated his protective detail when he didn’t get his way, according to two Secret Service sources who say they heard about the incident from multiple agents, including the driver of the presidential SUV where it occurred.”
- Chuck Wendig: ‘Don’t Complain’ Is Not A Winning Political Message – “Complaining about the Democrats and Biden is entirely fair game. It is, in fact, part and parcel of our democracy, to be able to complain about them, to demand that they do better — not just better, but the very best they can do.”
- Vox: 10 ways to fix a broken Supreme Court – “Democrats don’t have the votes right now for major Supreme Court reform. But if they pick up seats, they could have many options.”
- NPR: Alabama is using the case that ended Roe to argue it can ban gender-affirming care – “Days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states can prohibit abortion, Alabama has seized on the decision to argue that the state should also be able to ban gender-affirming medical treatments for transgender youths.”