Absolutely gorgeous day today, practically summer weather out there. Here’s a quick peek at the news.
- NPR: People are developing trauma-like symptoms as the pandemic wears on – This is not even a little surprising. I dunno if it qualifies as PTSD, but the pandemic is definitely fucking everyone up.
- AP: US: 2 posed as agents, gave gifts to Secret Service officers – The more we learn about this story, the weirder it gets.
- NBC News: A Texas teacher faces losing her job after fighting for gay pride symbols in school – Just another example of the evil shit the GOP is doing to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Washington Post: Senate confirms Jackson as first Black woman on Supreme Court – Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson has been confirmed for the SCotUS.
- Pew Research Center: Seven-in-Ten Americans Now See Russia as an Enemy – Great. Now if we could just get 70% of Congress to see Russia as an enemy…