This is the tip of the iceberg. This is just the stuff I could remember off the top of my head, so I could Google links about it.
- Texas Tribune: Transgender Texas kids are terrified after governor orders that parents be investigated for child abuse
- PBS: Iowa governor signs restrictive transgender sports bill
- Them: Idaho’s Proposed Ban on Trans Healthcare Could Jail Providers for Life
- ABC News: ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill passes Florida Senate
- Washington Post: Missouri lawmaker seeks to stop residents from obtaining abortions out of state
- NPR: Doctors’ worst fears about the Texas abortion law are coming true
- ABC News: 2021 was pivotal year for abortion laws in America
- Chalkbeat: CRT Map: Efforts to restrict teaching racism and bias have multiplied across the U.S.
- Brookings: Why are states banning critical race theory?
- New York Times: School Board in Tennessee Bans Teaching of Holocaust Novel ‘Maus’
- AJC.org: The State of Antisemitism in America 2021: Insights and Analysis
- ADL.org: Antisemitism in the US
- NBC News: Anti-Asian hate crimes increased 339 percent nationwide last year, report says
- New York Times: Man Charged With Hate Crimes After 7 Asian Women Are Attacked in 2 Hours
People, we have a fucking problem. Thirty to forty percent of the American population is driving this shit, and it’s only getting worse. I don’t know what the answer here is, but I know we better figure one out quick, because this is a bad situation and I don’t want to live in a country where it’s okay for this kind of racist, misogynist, anti-Semitic, homophobic bullshit to be the norm.