I think it says something that one of my current favorite TikTokers is a therapist out of Portland, Oregon who’s main schtick is short videos saying, basically, “No no, this whole situation is completely fucked up, and it’s fucking you up, that’s why it feels this way right now.”
- Andy Slavitt: “COVID Update: February 2022 would be a perfect time for a reset in our pandemic response to face whatever lies ahead.” – Excellent Twitter thread from author and public health expert Andy Slavitt.
- The Guardian: Medieval warhorses no bigger than modern-day ponies, study finds – This visual has provided me endless giggles.
- The Atlantic: One-Way Masking Works – Get a good mask and wear it. It’ll help even if masking is low in your area.
- NBC News: Escape from QAnon: How Jan. 6 changed one person’s path – One of ’em escaped the cult. Interesting read.
- Global News: Incels are targeting ‘next generation of extremists’ online. Could algorithm reform help? – Social media platforms are rotting your brain, and part of how they do it is their algorithms, which are optimized to reward outrage. Yes, algorithm reform might help.