I would happily spend an entire day kicking Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema in the shins. I know it wouldn’t help, but it would make me feel a lot better.
I hope everything they eat tastes like grapefruit for the rest of their lives. I hope they get diarrhea randomly and completely without warning four times a month for the next year. I hope they both slam their bare pinkie toes into a cement block at full walking speed today.
Because of those two jackasses and their milquetoast moderate buddies in Congress, nothing that needs to happen will get done, and we’ll probably end up with Republicans in charge again. I hope every single day for the rest of their lives sucks at least a little bit. May they never know another completely happy day.
And don’t even get me started on what should happen to all these women-hating anti-abortion twiddledicks.
- Washington Post: More Americans say 9/11 changed U.S. for worse than better, Post-ABC poll finds (9/11 made us more scared, more racist, sped up our march into authoritarianism and fascism, and led to thousands of innocents dead in pointless and failed wars in the Middle East, just for starters.)
- NPR: Virginia’s Massive Robert E. Lee Statue Has Been Removed (Good. Melt it down and make it into toilets.)
- CBS News: Texas governor says new law won’t force rape victims to give birth because they’ll have 6 weeks to get an abortion (This isn’t how uteruses, fetuses, or being pregnant works, folks. It usually takes a bare minimum of four weeks to even know if you’re pregnant, and that’s assuming absolutely everything goes according to text book and you’re paying attention.)
- Vox: Democrats have a high-risk, high-reward plan to save Roe v. Wade (If the Woman’s Health Protection Act ever actually passes this Congress I will probably fall down dead of shock.)
- Axios: Scoop: Manchin backs as little as $1 trillion of Biden’s $3.5 trillion plan (Fucking Manchin.)