Summer is ending and I’m fine with that. It’s been a shit summer. Hot, dry, on fire, and jam-packed full of rat-licking plaguemongers. I’m ready for cool, cloudy days with lots of rain, and fools staying indoors and the hell away from me.
- NPR: The Final U.S. Military Plane Has Left Afghanistan, Marking The War’s End – We’ve been at war for almost my entire adult life. It’s weird to think of the US not having a military presence in Afghanistan.
- The Atlantic: We’re Hitting the Limits of Hurricane Preparedness – Hurricanes are spinning up so quickly, and getting bad so quickly, that cities don’t have enough time to prepare for and/or evacuate from them.
- Ohio Capital Journal: Judge orders Cinci hospital to treat COVID-19 patient with Ivermectin, despite CDC warnings – This seems bad. I feel like judges shouldn’t be mandating that doctors use snake oil on a COVID patient.
- AP: State mask bans face federal civil rights inquiries – The Dept. of Education is opening civil rights investigations into five states with mask bans in schools: Iowa, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah. Obviously, they’re all Republican-led.
- CNN: January 6 committee to ask telecommunications companies to preserve phone records of members of Congress who participated in ‘Stop the Steal’ rally – The committee hasn’t made the names of the congresspeople they’re targeting public, but inside sources say that Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, Mo Brooks, Madison Cawthorn, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert, Jody Hice, and Scott Perry are all on the list. Which should surprise no one; all those people are awful.