I am aware that at some point basically every generation has been sure they were living through the end of the world. But I think we all have to admit that things are seeming a lot more End-Of-The-Worldish these days than they have in previous generations.
- Buzzfeed News: Watching the Watchmen
- The Guardian: Revealed: leak uncovers global abuse of cyber-surveillance weapon
- Washington Post: Only nature, through significant rain or snow, can extinguish huge Oregon fire, official says (See also: Monster wildfire tests years of forest management efforts, at the AP and Drought And Extreme Heat Conditions Challenge Efforts To Fight Bootleg Fire at NPR.)
- New York Times: Learning to Love G.M.O.s
- LiveScience: Arctic Circle is already recording 118 F degree days (and summer is just heating up)
“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”AL.com