Today’s 5 Things include the GOP blocking the Democrats’ big voting bill; the US missing it’s July vaccination goal by a bit; migrant children suffering in concentration camps on the border STILL; and the Delta variant of COVID-19. Plus, a bonus thing.
- Washington Post: Senate Republicans block debate on elections bill, dealing blow to Democrats’ voting rights push
- NPR: White House Says The U.S. Will Narrowly Miss Its Vaccination Goal
- CBS News: Migrant children endure “despair and isolation” inside tent city in the Texas desert
- NBC News: Tentacles of Manhattan DA’s Trump probe reach former bodyguard Calamari
- NPR: Fauci Warns Dangerous Delta Variant Is The Greatest Threat To U.S. COVID Efforts (See Also: Lifehacker’s “How Worried Should We Be About the Delta Variant?“)
Bonus Thing: Retail workers are quitting at record rates for higher-paying work: ‘My life isn’t worth a dead-end job’ (Washington Post)