Today’s 5 Things include MAGA cultists, insurrections, vaccinations, the slow death of democracy in America, and a pretty spiffy thread about the Veiled Prophet Ball in St. Louis. Fun!
- NPR: Where Are They Now? Flynn, Other Trump Alums Keep MAGA Hopes Alive
- TPM Editor’s Blog: Jan 6th Continues
- Vox: The 6 reasons Americans aren’t getting vaccinated
- Washington Post: Opinion: A frantic warning from 100 leading experts: Our democracy is in grave danger
- Sarah Moldafsky, Twitter Thread: “It is my time to shine. So the veiled prophet is an major institution in St. Louis rooted in a deeply troubling past; to call it a KKK princess isn’t wrong but also not right.“
I found a great Twitter thread on the racist history of the Veiled Prophet thing in St. Louis. Also, I’m getting some serious S1 True Detective cult vibes from the old photos in the thread.