Like half my state burned down over the past week and our air quality is like snorting the bottom of an ashtray, and yeah, wildfires happened before climate change was a thing we talked about but they weren’t like this, people.
Seriously, this shit is only going to get worse and we need to do something.
The election’s coming up in 50 days. Please vote for the guy who doesn’t think climate change is “fake news.”
- CNN: Oregon residents are illegally stopping drivers at gunpoint during wildfire evacuations, sheriff says
- CNBC: At least 33 dead as wildfires scorch millions of acres across Western U.S. — ‘It is apocalyptic’
- New York Times: Wildfires Live Updates: Gusty Winds Could Whip Up Blazes
- CBS News: Oregon governor calls wildfires a “wake-up call” on climate change
- NY Daily News via MSN: Facebook to delete ‘false’ claims about Oregon fires as conspiracy theorists unfoundedly blame Antifa
- Los Angeles Times: Extraordinary heat, rare summer snow brought unprecedented West Coast firestorms
One of the more wild things to watch this past week as Oregon burned down was the conspiracy theories taking off. I saw everything from Chinese space lasers to antifa arson squads. I spent a lot of time reporting Twitter accounts for spreading that shit.
- NBC News: Trump told Bob Woodward he knew in February that COVID-19 was ‘deadly stuff’ but wanted to ‘play it down’
- NPR: Adults With COVID-19 Twice As Likely To Have Eaten At Restaurants, CDC Study Finds
- NPR: A COVID-19 Vaccine May Be Only 50% Effective. Is That Good Enough?
Does anyone else remember how we found out after the fact that the Bush administration had advanced warning of the 9/11 attacks and just ignored it? Maybe stop voting Republican, these fuckers are trying to kill us.
Other Fun News
- Bad Astronomy: So, Astronomers May Have Found Evidence of Life on Venus
- Weather Channel: Tropical Storm Sally to Intensify Into a Hurricane; Serious Threat of Storm Surge, Flooding Rain Headed For Gulf Coast
- AV Club: Mark Ruffalo comforts Chris Evans following dick pic debacle
- Deadline: Jonathan Majors Joins Marvel Cinematic Universe, Lands Major Role In Next ‘Ant-Man’ Movie
Kang the Conqueror. That’s who Jonathan Majors is playing – Kang the Conqueror. In an Ant-Man movie. That should be fun.
And apparently Chris Evans managed to accidentally flash a dick pic on an Instagram Story or some such and Twitter had a wild amount of fun with that this weekend, but funnier by far was the fact that this meme was on his camera roll.
Also, life on Venus! Maybe! Neeeeeeat.
Categories: Blog Posts