It’s been a very long week. We had a pet emergency midweek (everything worked out fine, no worries), but between that and, y’know, *waves at the world in general*, I’m pretty wiped out. Here’s a few things worth reading if you get a minute this weekend.
- Coronavirus 2nd Wave? Nope, The U.S. Is Still Stuck In The 1st One (NPR)
- How Likely Is A Second Stimulus Check To Happen? (Forbes)
- Now We Know Why Melania Trump Delayed Her Move To The White House (TPM)
- The Real Economic Catastrophe Hasn’t Hit Yet. Just Wait For August. (Buzzfeed News)
- Generation X and Trans Lives (John Scalzi)
- Most COVID cases don’t spread virus—it’s the superspreaders we need to stop (Ars Technica)
- The “abolish the police” movement, explained by 7 scholars and activists (Vox)
- Tulsa Race Massacre: This is what happened in Tulsa in 1921 (Tulsa World)
- How The Antifa Fantasy Spread In Small Towns Across The US (Buzzfeed News)
- World Bank: Recession Is The Deepest In Decades (NPR)
And to wrap things up, Dave Chappelle dropped a new half-hour special on YouTube today, via Netflix’ comedy YouTube channel. Chappelle is one of those comedians I’m iffy on. Like, he’s frequently hilarious and incisive. But then he starts talking about transgender people and like… Gross dude. Do better.
Anyway, this is barely a comedy special. It’s mainly Dave Chappelle being really pissed about George Floyd and related topics for 25 minutes. He has some stuff to say about it, and you could do worse than give him a half-hour of your day to listen.
Featured image: Screenshot from Dave Chappelle’s new comedy special, 8:46.
Categories: Blog Posts