I spent much of my weekend playing Tropico 5 in an effort to recover from the stress of going grocery shopping Saturday morning. Ug, I swear, my local grocery store is just jam packed every time I’m in there, and no one is paying any attention to social distancing.
Good news, though. I just got a line on a local restaurant supply place (Think Gordon Foods or Sysco Foods, but local) that’s opening up sales to the public, and doing delivery to a drop-off location. So we might look into that instead of shopping at a regular grocery store.
Okay, this one’s going to be quick because it’s been a busy day today.
- First up, I wrote a thing about this weekend’s anti-stay home protests.
- Bloomberg (Opinion): The Covid Test Lab That Could Save America
- ABC News: USDA to try ‘out of the box’ solution to get food from farmers to food banks
- New Yorker: What have epidemiologists learned about the coronavirus?
- New York Times: Is the Virus on My Clothes? My Shoes? My Hair? My Newspaper?
- Detroit Free Press: Family ravaged by coronavirus begged for tests, hospital care, but was repeatedly denied
- CNN Business: Experts say it may be time for grocery stores to ban customers from coming inside because of Covid-19 (Yes, please.)
- Vanity Fair: Sorry, Hospitals, Trump’s Border Wall is Getting Another Half-Billion Dollars (Told ya so.)
- OPB: Oregon Officials Credit Early Action, Luck To Curbing Virus
- NPR: Free Fall: Oil Prices Go Negative
- Mind Cafe: This is Why People Refuse to Practice Social Distancing
Okay, and to wrap up, a quote.
“I mean you have to admit it’s hilarious that the people who have spent their entire lives stockpiling beans & ammo and publishing newsletters about preparing to shelter in place during a global crisis are the ones having meltdowns because they can’t go to the cheesecake factory.” – Bill Marx
Categories: Blog Posts