It was 65 degrees in Antarctica today, and a considerable portion of my morning was spent pondering whether saving for retirement is really worth my effort.
What Trump’s Been Up To Since Being Acquitted
- He’s destroying national monuments. (AP)
- He’s punishing New York for passing a bill to allow undocumented immigrants to get driver’s licenses. (CNN)
- His administration instituted new restrictions so now Bill Barr has to approve investigations into presidential candidates or campaigns. (NPR)
- Trump went on a vengeful tirade at the National Prayer Breakfast and in an hour+ speech to the press. (CNN, NBC News)
- The Trump administration won’t give Ukraine the guns and ammunition they bought. (Buzzfeed News)
- Trump just fired Lt. Col. Alex Vindman, the Ukraine expert on the NSC who testified against Trump in the House impeachment investigation. (CNN)
Things to Read
- The Erin Endeavor: Something is rotten in the state of our union.
- Recode: Why you see online ads for stuff you buy in the real world
- Stonekettle Station: Stalking Horse
- The Atlantic: The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President
- New York Times: Racists Are Recruiting. Watch Your White Sons.