There will be no witnesses, and late today or possibly tomorrow, the Senate will vote to acquit Trump. He tried to rig the 2020 election, we caught him red-handed with mountains of evidence, and he’s going to get away with it.
The GOP senators say “the voters should decide.”
Sure. Okay. Let’s do that. Let’s make 2018’s “blue wave” look like a tiny ripple in a goddamn mud puddle.
2020 GOP Senate Elections
- Dan Sullivan [AL]
- Martha McSally [AZ] – Her opponent is Democrat Mark Kelly, Gabby Gifford’s husband.
- Tom Cotton [AR] – No Democratic opponent, but there is a guy named Dan Whitfield who calls himself a “progressive independent.”
- Cory Gardner [CO] – I don’t think they’ve had a Democratic primary yet? The two frontrunners are John Hickenlooper and Andrew Romanoff.
- David Perdue [GA]
- Kelly Loeffler [GA] (Special Election)
- Jim Risch [ID]
- Joni Ernst [IA] – Her Democratic opponent is Theresa Greenfield.
- Pat Roberts [KS] (Retiring)
- Mitch McConnell [KY] – Democrat Amy McGrath is running against him.
- Bill Cassidy [LA]
- Susan Collins [ME] – Democrat Sara Gideon is running against her.
- Cindy Hyde-Smith [MS]
- Steve Daines [MT]
- Ben Sasse [NE] – The Democrats haven’t had their primary yet. Read more at Ballotpedia.
- Thom Tillis [NC] – No Dem. primary yet. Read more at Ballotpedia.
- Jim Inhofe [OK] – No opponent yet. Read more at Ballotpedia.
- Lindsey Graham [SC] – Democrat Jaime Harrison is running against him.
- Mike Rounds [SD]
- Lamar Alexander [TN] (Retiring)
- John Cornyn [TX]
- Shelley Moore Capito [WV]
- Mike Enzi [WY] (Retiring)
I want all of these people to lose their jobs in the 2020 elections, but the ones in bold I’d really love to see lose.
If you have a Republican senator who’s up for reelection this year, visit Ballotpedia, find their opponent(s), and donate and/or volunteer. If you have a safe Democratic senator (I.E., one who isn’t facing an election this year, or who is but they’re definitely gonna win), then pick a shitty Republican or two off the above list and adopt their opponent. Donate to them. Phonebank for them. Whatever they need that you can do.
Visit Postcards to Voters and sign up. It’s super easy, I’m gonna do it this year.
Register to vote in your state. Do it ASAP, and then make sure you stay registered to vote. Check early, check often. Know the date you need to vote, and know where you need to go to vote.
Find or start your local chapter of Democrats, and get to work.
Visit VoteSaveAmerica.com to find more information and resources to help, y’know, save our goddamn country.
This is probably the single most important election you will ever take part in. So get mad. Get motivated. Get involved.
Categories: Blog Posts