“I’m gonna blog more,” I said, and then work promptly dogpiled me with eight thousand projects. I see how it’s gonna be, 2020. I see how you are.
- Yet another of Trump’s excuses for assassinating Soleimani fell apart when U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper skipped out on backing Trump’s “4 embassies” BS. (Reuters)
- Cory Booker dropped out of presidential race today. (NPR)
- The Guardian: ‘It was very hurtful’ – what really happens when Queer Eye comes to town? – “The Fab Five gave Kathi Dooley a makeover this year. She’s thrilled to have lost her mullet – but she could never have predicted the very public attack.”
- CNN: A month-by-month look at Donald Trump’s top lies of 2019 – “Trump made more than 2,700 false claims this year. (We’re still calculating the final total.) Some of them were innocent slips, some of them little exaggerations. But a large number of them were whoppers: deliberate, significant attempts to deceive and manipulate.”
- FiveBooks.com: The best books on Critical Thinking – “Do you know your straw man arguments from your weasel words? Nigel Warburton, Five Books’ philosophy editor and author of Thinking from A to Z, selects five of the best books on critical thinking—and explains how they will help us make better informed decisions and construct more valid arguments.”
- Scoop.me: Finland is the only country in Europe where homelessness is in decline – “In Finland, the number of homeless people has fallen sharply. The reason: The country applies the ‘Housing First’ concept. Those affected by homelessness receive a small apartment and counselling – without any preconditions. 4 out of 5 people affected thus make their way back into a stable life. And: All this is cheaper than accepting homelessness.”
- Buzzfeed News: #ReleaseTheJJCut: “Star Wars” Misinformation Hell Is The New Future Of Everything – “Get ready for a world run by warring online communities completely lost in their own misinformation. Warning: This post contains spoilers for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.”
One Funny Thing
I stumbled across AllWitNoBrevity.com on Twitter the other day. It’s a brand new blog by a gal named Janel Comeau, a Canadian living in New York City, and it is frickin’ hilarious. Also, there are little cartoons. Here’s a great place to start with this blog: An Introduction to My Family’s Long, Ongoing Failed Experiment With Designer Dogs.