I didn’t watch the debate last night – I had a book to read, and given the choice between a book I’ve read a dozen times and listening to mostly center-lefts crank at each other on stage, I opted for the book. Warren and Bernie apparently both managed breakout moments, and there’s an awful frickin’ lot of Internet chatter over Marianne Williamson and how good she sounded and just, guys? No. No, do not, the woman is a bag of nuts.
“I don’t understand why anybody goes to all the trouble of running for president of the United States just to talk about what we really can’t do and shouldn’t fight for.”
– Elizabeth Warren
“I do know it, I wrote the damn bill.”
– Bernie Sanders
Here’s a roundup of news articles talking about last night’s debate.
- NPR: Sanders And Warren Stand Together: Takeaways From Tuesday’s Democratic Debate
- Vox: 3 winners and 4 losers from the first night of the July Democratic debates
- 538: What Went Down In The Second Democratic Debate
- TPM: Here’s How The Candidates Distinguished Themselves
- Washington Post: In contentious Democratic debate, deep divisions on health care separate liberals and moderates
Due to CNN’s exclusive deal to air the second Democratic debate live, there doesn’t appear to be a complete version of the debate streaming anywhere online. 😒 Good job, CNN. We wouldn’t want people to be able to catch up on the debates or inform themselves or anything.
Categories: Blog Posts