I’m not sure what to expect from a “Mueller report,” really. I could see it being a damning indictment outlining all of Trump’s many crimes, or a report that points fingers and provides evidence against tons of people in Trump’s circle, but not Trump himself. I mention that second one because there’s an off chance that maybe Trump managed to insulate himself well enough from his crimes that they can’t nail him on much of anything.
I don’t know how much of a chance there is that the second one happens. Trump and his cronies are not smart guys. Trump’s own stupidity and arrogance may have gotten in the way of any attempts to insulate him.
Anyway, here’s a few things to read this morning.
- New York Times: Planned in Michael Cohen’s Testimony: A Litany of Accusations Against Trump
- Politico: Trump on brink of defeat on border emergency
- Politico: Mueller scores big win as court rejects challenge to his appointment
- Reuters: Can a sitting U.S. president face criminal charges?
- NPR: Manafort Seeks Leniency In Sentencing
Photo credit: Donald Trump, by Gage Skidmore. (Source and licensing.)