Tomorrow is Election Day. This might be one of the most important elections you ever vote in. Get ready to vote: www.BallotReady.org.
Other Voting Resources:
Vote tomorrow. Even if you’re tired. Even if you have to get up early or stay out late. Even if it’s raining. Even if it’s freezing. Bring water, bring a snack. Stay in line. Vote. Even if you think it doesn’t matter, because I assure you, it absolutely does. Vote Democrat. Don’t “protest vote” for 3rd party candidates who have no chance of winning. Don’t vote Republican. Suck it up and vote for Democrats. We can fix the Democrats and start viable third parties after we save the country. Prioritize, people.
5 Things to Read Today
Some of these might be repeats. Read them again anyway.
- Vox: The migrant caravan, explained -The caravan of migrants walking towards the US is not a crisis. It’s happened lots of times. They’re hundreds of miles away, and it’s going to be weeks before they get here, if they get here. This has happened before, and they usually don’t make it that far.
- Lawrence Britt: The 14 Characteristics of Fascism – Trump is a fascist leader, building a fascist regime. That sounds hyperbolic. It is not.
- Politico: ‘Trump has hijacked the election’: House Republicans in panic mode – Ignore crap like this. Republicans aren’t panicking. They’re sure you’re going to stay home. Don’t. Get out. Vote. (Also, don’t trust this so-called “booming” economy. Experts are already muttering about a recession, thanks to Trump’s tariffs.)
- CNN: CNN Poll: In final days, Democrats maintain advantage – Ignore crap like this, too. Democrats only have an advantage if you vote. Get out tomorrow and vote.
- FiveThirtyEight: How To Watch The Midterms: An Hour-By-Hour Guide – Here’s a step-by-step guide for watching the results of tomorrow’s midterms.
What to Do if Something Weird Happens at Your Polling Place Tomorrow
- ACLU: Know Your Rights: What To Do When Faced With Voter Intimidation
- www.886OurVote.org – Call 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) with voter questions.
- www.NASS.org -National Association of Secretaries of State. Find information to contact your secretary of state with elections concerns.
- Election information from Celeste Pewter.