Every year in October I tell myself that I’m gonna review all my TV show episodes and every year I fail almost immediately, so this year I’m not gonna try that hard at it. I watch a lot of TV and it’s hard to keep up. Especially with all this “life” and “work” and “Trump” junk that keeps getting in the way.
5 Things to Read Today
Jamal Khashoggi is a Saudi journalist who was an American resident and a columnist for the Washington Post. He went “missing” recently, and it seems pretty damn certain that Saudi Arabia had him assassinated. Trump is, of course, doing nothing about it, because the guy works for a paper Trump hates and he’s a non-white person. Also because the Saudis own Trump.
- Washington Post: Turks tell U.S. officials they have audio and video recordings that support conclusion Khashoggi was killed
- NBC News: Poll: Gov. Walker of Wisconsin trails in re-election bid
- The Guardian: Republican pair apparently pose as communists to make Democratic donation
- Politico: Adelson drops tens of millions more to save the GOP Congress
- Politico Magazine: Trump May Not Be Crazy, But the Rest of Us Are Getting There Fast
I am consistently thrilled with Black Lightning. It’s excellently written, has fantastic acting, and it’s topical. It’s one of the best superhero shows the CW is putting out right now.
- IGN: Black Lightning Season 2 Premiere Review: “The Book of Consequences – Chapter One: Rise of the Green Light Babies”
- AV Club: Black Lightning is back, and it’s bleaker and better than ever
- Den of Geek: Black Lightning Season 2 Episode 1 Review — The Book of Consequences: Chapter One: Rise of the Green Light Babies
Riverdale is my guilty pleasure. This show is a melodramatic soap opera packed full of terrible people doing stupid things, but the acting and writing are great and the show is frequently hilarious. Plus, Cheryl, who is my Patronus.
- Inverse: Who Is the Gargoyle King? ‘Riverdale’s Season 3 Villain Has Fans Divided
- AV Club: Riverdale returns for the official end of summer, innocence, and dark Archie
- io9: That Riverdale Ending Was Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S
We re-watched the whole run of Supernatural over the summer, which was the first time I’d ever done that, and it was a lot of fun. You forget how far these characters have come. I’m pretty tickled with the setup for this season. I can’t wait to see how it plays out.