TGIF, folks. This seems like it’s been a really long week, so I’m glad it’s over.
Quick heads up: Hurricane Florence has made landfall and is wrecking the coast as I type. You can find live updates all over the web, if you’re keeping an eye on the situation. Here’s one spot.
5 Things to Read Today
- CNN: It’s not just FEMA: ICE quietly got an extra $200 million – The Trump administration sneaked $10 million away from FEMA and gave it to ICE – while there was a monster hurricane bearing down on North Carolina.
- GQ: Men, Please Brush Your Teeth – Apparently men are not brushing their teeth. This is a thing. PSA: Brush the teeth in your gross piehole, gentlemen. If you’re wondering why you can’t get laid, this is one of the reasons.
- Washington Post: Manafort will cooperate with Mueller as part of guilty plea, prosecutor says – Paul Manafort, facing a second trial that would likely pile yet more dozens of years in prison on top of his already huge sentence, struck a plea deal with Mueller that includes cooperating with his investigation.
- New Yorker: A Sexual-Misconduct Allegation Against the Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Stirs Tension Among Democrats in Congress – A woman Kavanaugh went to high school with alleged that Kavanaugh and a friend tried to rape her when they were in high school together.
- Politico: GOP defends Kavanaugh against sexual assault allegation – Despite knowing nothing about the rape allegations (suuuuuure they didn’t), the GOP had a statement from 65 women Kavanaugh went to high school with, saying that Kavanaugh had never tried to rape them, ready to go.