Smash Mouth’s All Star is almost 20 years old. Here’s five articles you can read while you sit around feeling ancient.
- New York Times: Kremlin Sources Go Quiet, Leaving C.I.A. in the Dark About Putin’s Plans for Midterms – For some reason, the CIA’s usual Russian sources have gone to ground. Possibly they don’t want to share anything with a government that’s all buddy-buddy with Putin?
- Bloomberg Opinion: Immunity for Trump CFO Is a Potential Game-Changer – Allen Weisselberg is the Chief Financial Officer for the Trump Organization, the conglomeration of scams and bullshit masquerading as a business that Trump funnels his money through. Weisselberg’s been in charge of Trump money for decades. He used to work for Trump’s dad, Fred. If anyone knows everything about Trump’s money, it’s Weisselberg. And New York just gave him complete immunity against prosecution in the Cohen case. Now, I suppose Weisselberg could just be tying up a few loose threads in the case against Cohen, but honestly, it sounds like they’ve got Cohen, with or without any testimony from Weisselberg. So the only real reason I can think of that he’d get such a sweet deal is because he’s giving prosecutors the inside scoop on Trump.
- Wall Street Journal: David Pecker, CEO of National Enquirer Publisher, Granted Immunity in Michael Cohen Case – Speaking of dudes who are probably flipping on Trump, here’s Trump’s best buddy, guy in charge of the tabloid rag The National Enquirer, and dude who also knows a whole bunch about Trump’s shady business because he’s been helping Trump cover it up for years, also getting immunity.
- NBC News: Volunteers found Iran’s propaganda effort on Reddit — but their warnings were ignored – Russia’s not the only country screwing with us online, by the way. Also, like, maybe don’t use Reddit. That site is a cesspool. If you do use Reddit, I advise heavily curating your subreddits and avoiding the comments like the plague.
- The Verge: The Oscar Wilde of YouTube Fights the Alt-Right with Decadence and Seduction – This article is a pretty good read, and also, I need to check this YouTuber out.
All right, that’s it. It’s Friday and I’m fried. Have a good weekend, y’all. Maybe spend it watching Mystery Men.