Well, I seem to be turning a corner on my level of madcap busy-ness, which is good. Meanwhile, today’s articles deal with how the alt-right sees other people, Michael Avenatti’s run for president, what small talk is for, a terrifying new kind of tick in the US, and NATO deals.
5 Things to Read Today
- Vox: Psychologists surveyed hundreds of alt-right supporters. The results are unsettling. – This study basically shows that the alt-right sees anyone who isn’t a straight white male as less than human, which is at least somewhat alarming. I’d like to see the study repeated with progressives.
- Des Moines Register: Michael Avenatti in Iowa: ‘I’m exploring a run for the presidency of the United States’ – Good lord, no.
- Lifehacker: Why You Should Get Good at Small Talk – Turns out, there is a use for the mindless chatter we engage random strangers with.
- Ars Technica: US invaded by savage tick that sucks animals dry, spawns without mating – Well this is completely horrifying.
- New York Times: U.S. Officials Scrambled Behind the Scenes to Shield NATO Deal From Trump – We’re having to sneak in major policy agreements before trump can come along and ruin them.