Vote. Register to vote. Make sure you stay registered to vote. Then get your butt out on voting day, and make your voice heard. It’s the single most important thing you can do to stop Trump’s awful agendas. It’s important. And yes, your vote counts – now more than ever.
- “Register to Vote and Confirm or Change Registration,” at USA.gov.
- Use Vote.org to find registration instructions, check your registration status, and get voting reminders.
- Use TurboVote.org to find registration instructions, check your registration status, and get voting reminders.
5 Things to Read Today
- Washington Post: From Kellyanne Conway to Stephen Miller, Trump’s advisers face taunts from hecklers around D.C. – “Yet what distinguishes the Trump era’s turbulence is the sheer number of his deputies — many of them largely anonymous before his inauguration — who have become the focus of planned and sometimes spontaneous public fury.”
- New York Magazine: Will Trump Be Meeting With His Counterpart — Or His Handler? – “The unfolding of the Russia scandal has been like walking into a dark cavern. Every step reveals that the cave runs deeper than we thought, and after each one, as we wonder how far it goes, our imaginations are circumscribed by the steps we have already taken.”
- New York Times: U.S. Opposition to Breast-Feeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials – “American officials sought to water down the resolution by removing language that called on governments to ‘protect, promote and support breast-feeding’ and another passage that called on policymakers to restrict the promotion of food products that many experts say can have deleterious effects on young children.”
- Buzzfeed News: Some Members Of Trump’s Exclusive Clubs Appear To Have Been Invited To An Air Force One Tour – “The invitations would raise more questions about the overlap between Trump’s administration and his family’s private businesses.”
- CNN: Michael Cohen sending a clear message to Trump by speaking ‘real truth,’ sources say – “Michael Cohen, the President’s former fixer and ultimate loyalist, is sending a clear signal to President Donald Trump and his attorney, Rudy Giuliani, that ‘the truth is not you(r) or your client’s friend,’ according to sources with knowledge of Cohen’s thinking.”
Trump’s supposed to announce his supreme court pick at 9pm tonight. Don’t worry about who exactly it is; they’re going to be awful. There isn’t a whole lot we can do about it, either. One thing you can do is call your elected representatives and raise hell, particularly if you have a GOP rep.
Use 5Calls.org or CallYourRep.co for numbers and scripts, but the script part is pretty easy. Give them your name, tell them where you live, and that you’re a constituent. Then tell them that you believe that the American people should have a say in who the next SCotUS justice is, and that the vote should be delayed until the next Congress is seated. Be polite, be civil, be brief.