One quick thing I wanted to mention before I get off the Internet for the weekend: Back in February the DHS released an article that’s, um… not sure how to describe it. Nazi-ish? Here’s the article: We Must Secure The Border And Build The Wall To Make America Safe Again.
So, you can read the article and at first blush probably you’re not gonna notice anything weird about it. But what set everyone off is that the first part of the title, “We Must Secure,” is part of the neo nazi “14 Words” mantra, and that near the bottom of the article, it uses a weird ratio, “13 out of 88” claims. “88” is another nazi call-out.
You can read about this here: Twitter Explodes After Homeland Security Headline Appears to Mimic ’14-Words’ Neo-Nazi Slogan.
I don’t know if someone at the DHS is a neo nazi, if a bunch of someones at the DHS are neo nazis, or if this is just a conspiracy theory. Here’s what I do know: The “white power” movement has been trying to infiltrate government jobs and police forces for ten years or more, and they’ve had a fair amount of success at it.
News You Missed While We Were All Talking About Immigration, the SCotUS, & Shootings
- Washington Post: U.S. withdraws from U.N. Human Rights Council over perceived bias against Israel – One major downside to this is that we lose all leverage we might have over the council by leaving.
- New York Times: Commerce Secretary Shorted Stock as Negative Coverage Loomed – Ross found out there was a negative story coming out about a shipping firm he had major investments in and shorted stock in the firm. I don’t know much about investments, but this is a thing you apparently do in hopes of making quick money by selling some stocks when the price is high with the intention of buying them back when the price drops, and he figured he knew the price was about to drop because of the story coming out. Apparently this is against ethics rules for govt. officials, but not illegal? No one’s saying it’s illegal, at any rate.
- Politico: Trump administration to seek merger of Education, Labor departments – The Trump administration is planning a massive overhaul of government structure, including merging the Departments of Labor and Education.
- CNN: Axios: Trump privately says he wants to withdraw from WTO – “President Donald Trump has been privately suggesting that he wants the US to withdraw from the World Trade Organization, according to a new report.”
- Reuters: Manafort had $10 million loan from Russian oligarch: court filing – Paul Manafort has a $10 million loan from Oleg Deripaska. If that name sounds familiar, it’s because Deripaska is eyeball-deep in all this Trump-Russia stuff.
- NBC News: North Korea has increased nuclear production at secret sites, say U.S. officials – “U.S. intelligence agencies believe that North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons at multiple secret sites in recent months — and that Kim Jong Un may try to hide those facilities as he seeks more concessions in nuclear talks with the Trump administration, U.S. officials told NBC News.”