A couple of years ago Google started downranking websites that weren’t using https protocol. So, if you wanted your website to show up well in Google Search, you needed to buy an SSL certificate and install it on your website.
This is, in my opinion, when building websites stopped being fun.
I have never not had this process be a giant BS hassle. I’m currently fighting with one right now and honestly. It’s enough to make me Amish.
5 Things to Read Today
- The Root: Rudy Giuliani Is Either a Spy for the Left, an Idiot or Both Because He’s Destroying Trump With Every Interview – Well, he’s not a spy for the left, so…
- Washington Post: Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on Children’s Health Insurance Program – Because taking healthcare away from poor kids is always a winning strategy.
- Politico: Trump team makes the midterms about saving his presidency – By scaring red state voters with the threat of impeachment.
- New York Times: Trump Is Said to Have Known of Payment to Stormy Daniels Months Before He Denied It – We all already knew this, but here it is anyway.
- New Yorker: Four Women Accuse New York’s Attorney General of Physical Abuse – This one’s pretty gross. AG Eric Schneiderman was a big proponent of #MeToo and was busily making himself a bonafide Hero of the Left. Then it turned out he’s a woman-beating drunk. He resigned about three hours after this story broke.
Categories: Blog Posts